The MA Model of the U.S. Economy: MA/US
MA/US is MA’s state-of-the-art structural model. We released a major update in December 2012.
- Individual sectors/key relationships modeled according to modern theory
- Well-articulated financial sector – real sector interaction
- Developed and refined over thirty years by MA’s principals
- Estimated on actual data, not calibrated, i.e. it fits the data!
- Employs cointegration & error correction estimation techniques
MA/US is useful for both forecasting and performing alternative scenarios.
- Enforces consistency among macro/financial variables and across exercises
- Enforces discipline on the user to specify assumptions and analyze misses
- Structure helps tell the story of the forecast or alternative scenario
MA/US is in use at top economics shops in the government and private sector.
- CBO, Treasury, CEA, OMB, Labor, Commerce, Federal Reserve…
- Sell-side, buy-side, commercial banks, hedge funds, non-financials
MA’s proprietary simulation software makes model simulation flexible, powerful, and easy to use.
Click here to learn more about MA’s model service.
A model-based approach has many advantages.